Top 6 Best On-page SEO Practices to Boost Your Rankings
When you are about to start performing SEO, you might have heard so many things about SEO that will make you confused. But in this blog. I will tell you few easy on-page SEO factors that will boost your ranking and make your business visible on search engines.
So, there are several on-page practices that will help you to boost your ranking. But in this article, I have mentioned 6 best On Page practices that you should know before performing SEO.
So, let’s get started:
Meta Title Tags:
Meta Title is one of the main part of your website that will tell your visitors what the page is all about. Title must be unique and relevant to every single page. So, before you start creating your Meta title you have to complete your keyword research, because keywords are the very first key to target your buyer persona on search engine.
<title>Your Page title</title>
- Suggested format: Focus Keyword Base Title | Brand Name
- Use – (Dash) or (Pipe) | at the end before your brand name
- Keep your title tags length between 55 to 65 including spaces or in 6oo pixel (px)
- Do not use duplicate title tags
- Avoid using stop words
- Avoid to repeat words
Example of a title tag in SERP:
Meta Description is a short paragraph that occur underneath the blue clickable links in a search engine results page (SERP). According to Survey Monkey, 43.2% of people click on a given result due to Meta description. You can use keywords in it but your primary goal should drive clicks through it.
<head> <meta name="description" content="This is an example of a meta description. That show on SERP."> </head>
- Use your focus keywords in the Meta description. Usually search engines will highlight in bold where it finds the search query on SERP
- Including spaces 300 characters is the recommended length (this limit increased in December 2017)
- Avoid duplicate Meta descriptions
- Avoid using double quotation and non-alphanumeric characters
Example of a Meta Description tag in SERP:
URL is an important part of on page SEO. It is an abbreviation that stands for “Universal Resource Locator.” It is a human readable text that was design to replace the IP address.
Example of a URL in SERP:
- Suggested Format: http://www.example.com/category-keyword/primary-keyword
- Use Primary Keyword in URL
- Use 70 to 75 characters or as short as possible includes the http://
As per google content is the main priority of Search Engine to rank any website. So, your website content must follow the search engine guidelines and your content must be unique and informative for the user. It can be short or long, keep in mind quality matters not quantity.
- Content must be relevant and plagiarism free
- Use Keywords as per user requirement
- Avoid keyword stuffing
- Use Internal Link
- Avoid repeating content
- Use white spaces and Bullet point to make content easy to read
Using image in content is also a good part of making user friendly content or website. Through images, user will attract more than in plain content. Image can be utilized to get more traffic through google image search. There are several ways to rank your images on google image search.
- Use Keywords in alt tag
- Rename your image with relevant keywords
- Add image title you can also include description
Internal Page Linking:
Internal link is an anchor text that point out to another page in same website. Internal linking is one of the best way to tell the users and search engine about your keyword relevancy. It allows them to navigate around your website and find all of your content.
- User keywords in anchor rather than Click here
- Only use when it makes sense.
If you want to see a good example of internal linking, check out Google support or Wikipedia.